Bone china is a type of soft-paste porcelain that is composed of bone ash, feldspathic material, and kaolin. It has been defined as ware with a translucent body containing a minimum of 30% of phosphate derived from animal bone and calculated calcium phosphate. Developed by English potter Josiah Spode, bone china is known for its high levels of whiteness and translucency, and very high mechanical strength and chip resistance. Its high strength allows it to be produced in thinner cross-sections than other types of porcelain. Like stoneware it is vitrified, but is translucent due to differing mineral properties. Elegant and attractive dinnerware set, perfect for everyday use or a holiday gathering.
- Set Includes: 6 Forks, 6 Knives, 6 Spoons, 6 Cups w/ 6 Saucers, 6 Dessert or Salad plates, 6 Dinner Plates, 6 Bowls, 6 Sauce Spoons, 6 Sauce Plates, 12 Sushi Chopsticks, 1 Serving Bowl with Cover, 1 Serving Spoon
- Beautiful 75-piece dinner and sushi set, Sold in Solid Beautiful Case
- 24K Gold-Plated Superior Quality Bone China Porcelain
- Unique and sophisticated gift, Dishwasher Safe
- Joseph Sedgh designer collection