About the bracelet: This vibrant and playfully textured bracelet can be worn tied together into one large bracelet or pulled apart into individual bracelets so you can play mix and match with your outfit! Story behind the art: Wakami means, “it already is” in Kaqchikel, a Guatemalan Mayan language. For Wakami, the ideal world already exists and it is inside of every human being. Wakami believes that when people are truly connected with their dreams and are given an opportunity, they rise to the occasion to make their dreams reality. It stands behind the adventure of living life to the fullest, bringing positivity to the world and sharing it with others. Wakami products are messengers of the essence, culture and stories of all human beings, so we, the people, can remember that our dreams can come to life. Wakami products tell stories of us… “People of the Earth”. Guatemalan people, mostly women, who dream of prosperity for them and their families, make these bracelets. They dream of having healthy children with access to education. Wakami partners with Communities of the Earth (NGO) so that groups of people can receive the necessary training, including money management, community development, nutrition, and education, to become part of the economic system of the country. Communities of the Earth is the “coach” of these communities on entrepreneurial training and on hand crafting skills, so they can create new sustainable businesses. Our artisans become entrepreneurs!!! Now more than 460 producers and their families have been included in Wakami’s value chain. Wakami is their first client. Wakami encourages people, from producers to consumers, to connect with themselves, with one another, and with the Earth! Wakami is a certified B-Corporation and is member of World Fair Trade Organization WFTO.
- HAND CRAFTED so each strand can be worn together or separate. Easy to use pull cords and slide knot design fit 6.5″ to 11.5″ (4 Strands) and cute labeled secure button closures fits < 7.5" (3 Strands). Silver Chain Dream Bracelet comes free with your purchase.
- FASHIONABLE with classic coral, blue, grey, and tan colored gold beaded bands. Adds a Touch to any Occasion: Engagement, Bridal, Graduation, Prom, Birthday and Anniversary
- ENCOURAGES us to think about our Hopes, Inspirational Ideas, Friendship, and how stories of our humanity are intrinsically tied and find balance with the elements of the earth, water, sun, and moon.
- Makes a CHARMING PRESENT for your Girlfriend, a Girl, Daughter, Mother, or a Friend. Pairs Perfectly with Flowers, Earrings, Necklaces, Rings, Glasses, Headbands, Bags, and other Accessories for Women.
- SUPPORT Wakami’s Goal to Connect its 500+ Rural and Urban Artisans and their Communities in Guatemala to the Rest of the World through Designed Accessories