About the bracelet: It tells us a story of how coffee transforms from a seed to what you drink every morning out of your coffee mug. The beads can be pushed to move freely on the waxed thread. The hook-loop closure is secure and makes it very easy to take on and off. Handmade by a collective of women artisans in Guatemala. Story behind the art: Wakami means, “it already is” in Kaqchikel, a Guatemalan Mayan language. For Wakami, the ideal world already exists and it is inside of every human being. Wakami believes that when people are truly connected with their dreams and are given an opportunity, they rise to the occasion to make their dreams reality. It stands behind the adventure of living life to the fullest, bringing positivity to the world and sharing it with others. Wakami products are messengers of the essence, culture and stories of all human beings, so we, the people, can remember that our dreams can come to life. Wakami products tell stories of us… “People of the Earth”. Guatemalan people, mostly women, who dream of prosperity for them and their families, make these bracelets. They dream of having healthy children with access to education. Wakami partners with Communities of the Earth (NGO) so that groups of people can receive the necessary training, including money management, community development, nutrition, and education, to become part of the economic system of the country. Communities of the Earth is the “coach” of these communities on entrepreneurial training and on hand crafting skills, so they can create new sustainable businesses. Our artisans become entrepreneurs!!! Now more than 460 producers and their families have been included in Wakami’s value chain. Wakami is their first client. Wakami encourages people, from producers to consumers, to connect with themselves, with one another, and with the Earth! Wakami is a certified B-Corporation and is member of World Fair Trade Organization WFTO.
- This beaded wrap bracelet is handwoven by artisans in rural Guatemala with beautiful beads threaded onto a braided chocolate brown strand. It features a secure hook-loop closure.
- Fit approx. a 7″ wrist. 13″ in full length. It can be worn as a bracelet, anklet, or chocker necklace. It pairs well with any casual or sophisticated look for both men and women.
- Makes a charming gift for any occasion including birthdays or graduation for mom, dad, girlfriend, boyfriend, sister, or brother. Comes in special gift packaging that includes an explanation of its significance and more information on Wakami’s impact.
- We wanted to design a bracelet that resembled something like the tree of life but for coffee. Each bead symbolizes a stage of the coffee production process from seed to the coffee in your morning mug.
- Wakami is a fair trade brand that works with artisans in Guatemala, giving them the opportunity to work and build a better life. Handcrafted by artisans in Guatemala. (Please ignore reviews about receiving the wrong bracelet! We have fixed this issue!)